Click here for a link to videos and resources on various sexual/reproductive health and wellness topics in English and Spanish. There is also a list of text and call hotlines that can be used for a variety of questions and concerns.
Download TCI’s “Talking Points Toolkit” to help providers and clinical staff initiate and normalize the dialogue around contraception.
EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS
- Bedsider’s Explorer Method The explorer is a place to learn about all your birth control options. It also allows you to create a side-by-side comparison of birth control methods.
- Contraceptive Effectiveness Scale Chart comparing birth control by effectiveness. (pdf)
- IUD Information/Which IUD is Right for You General Information about IUD (intrauterine device) Birth Control. (pdf) /Comparison between the two types of IUD we offer, hormonal and non-hormonal (pdf).
- Patient Fact Sheet – Birth Control Choices This patient fact sheet compares different birth control choices by efficacy in this colorful and easy to read chart
- Your-Life Contraception at a Glance Tool The contraception at a glance tool compares all birth control options according to efficacy, ease of use, cost effectiveness, and side effects.
- Method Match Method Match helps you learn about and choose an effective birth control option
- My Birth Control App A birth control quiz to help you determine which birth control option is right for you
- GirlSmarts A website by girls for girls to encourage smart decision making through life’s most critical moments – from sex and drinking, to love and success. We encourage all girls to go through the “choose your own adventure” scenarios by clicking the link.
- Stay Teen – Block Party When it comes to sex, what you don’t know can hurt you. There are so many myths out there that it can be tough to know what’s true and not. So take control – test your birth control, pregnancy, and relationship knowledge by playing the game.
- MTV Resource’s Guide MTV’s “It’s Your Sex Life” provides many great resources on various topics such as pregnancy, STDs, communication, etc.
- Bedsider Birth Control Support Network Provides information on finding doctors near you, various birth control options and free contraception. Bedsider.org also sets up birth control and appointment reminders for you so you never miss a day.
- Tulsa World Article about the Take Control Initiative Editorialist Ginnie Graham of the Tulsa World discusses LARC and the Take Control Initiative’s efforts in Tulsa.
- Oklahoma Pregnancy Fact Sheet Facts and statistics related to pregnancy in Oklahoma. (pdf)
- Article about the decrease of unplanned pregnancies Unplanned pregnancies are at a 30- year low – and IUDs are mostly to thank
- Power to Decide presents state and national data about teen and unplanned pregnancy as well as prevention strategies.
- Guttmacher Institute Offers information about reproductive health issues and policy in Oklahoma, nationally and internationally.